Sunday, April 27, 2014

My Lord and my God: The First Sunday after Easter

The readings for the First Sunday after Easter (St. Thomas Sunday) proclaim the bodily resurrection of Jesus the Christ, and that we find salvation through faith in him and his resurrection. Jesus through the resurrection reveals himself as Lord and Messiah. For me, like Thomas, he is Lord and God.

+++++++++++++++++++

For thou wilt not leave my soul in hell; neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.

- Psalm 16.10


Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, [whom] having not seen, ye love; in whom, though now ye see him not, yet believing, ye rejoice with joy unspeakable and full of glory: Receiving the end of your faith, even the salvation of your souls.

- 1 Peter 1.3,8,9


My Lord and my God.

- John 20.28

No comments:

Post a Comment