Sunday, July 3, 2016

My First Allegiance on the 4th of July


I remember and honor the memory of my relatives who have died in the service of the nation.
However, I do not believe that it is was always for our freedom. I believe many of our exploits in war were to increase the American Hegemony in the world, and to enforce our will on other peoples.

Also, the original independence day was not a day of liberty for the native Americans or the African slaves, who only experienced oppression and genocide from this nation.

I do not find any godly or distinctly Christian age in the history of this nation.

Christians should pray for and honor our leaders, and obey the civil laws and pay our taxes, as Scripture enjoins.

But we serve a KING, Eyesus Kristos our God, Whose realm is not of this world. To HIM we owe our first allegiance. To put my nation on equal footing as my God, or to gloss over it's sins, is nothing but sheer idolatry.

And if it seem evil unto you to serve Jehovah, choose you this day whom ye will serve...but as for me and my house, we will serve Jehovah.

- Joshua 24.15 ASV

No comments:

Post a Comment